Saturday, January 8, 2011

GoSick 01

GoSick 01


GoSick 01

Posted: 07 Jan 2011 11:33 PM PST

Gosick

Gosick

Loli detective?! Oh yeah…i’m sold! :tongue:

My thoughts

A great start for a winter season show… as this is the first show i watched this season. So yeah, like what I said in my winter anime 2010 preview, I had high hopes for this show and after watching it, it didn’t disappoint me one bit. On top of that, Gosick kinda reminds me of Kuroshitsuji as this show also takes place in the old European era.

First of all, we’ll start off with the art of this show. Months ago, this aspect was the reason that it caught my eye and yes, it didn’t disappoint me. The background, characters were drawn in a detailed style, especially Victorique, I like her character design and I think she’s very cute. As for the OP and ED itself, it was okay…but not good enough for me to remember it. Because good songs would stuck on my mind for a whole day :tongue: .

Well as for the whole “mystery” thing, as of now, there’s not much for me to say anything about it. Though the first mystery was rather predictable, i’m surprised that there’s actually a continuation for it. I guess we’ll just have to see how the show plays along to judge whether it’s “mystery” is predictable or not. Meanwhile, this show managed to gave off some mysterious atmosphere, that alone, is good enough for my first impression.

Character-wise, all of them gave me a very good impression, especially Victorique , I like how she rolls around while she’s bored, it was very cute :tongue: . In the mean time, Grevil de Blois was really funny when he kept on calling Kujou a black squirrel and not talking with Victorique directly. And it seems like he always take credits from the mysteries that Victorique solved -that’s just an assumption though. As for Kujou, there’s nothing special with him and I hope he actually does something along the show or he’ll be like one of those typical powerless main guys.But I do wonder..what made Victorique stay on top of the library for the whole time?

Nevertheless, despite the fact that this show gave me a very good first impression I still can’t have too much hope for this show. “The bigger your expectation is , the bigger you disappointment will be” , that’s what I always believe.

I do hope that this show really focuses on what it is going to show us rather than some stupid pointless filler. With that being said, I do hope that the mysteries won’t be in episodic form coz it would be lame. And of course, i’d prefer a harder mystery in the future because that will surely bring an exciting feeling to this show. So will this be a good show till the very end? Only time will tell.

Screenshots

Lovely opening theme...or should i say..lovely Victorique..xD

Lovely opening theme...or should i say..lovely Victorique..xD

I wonder why he was called the Dark Reaper? hmm..

I wonder why he was called the Dark Reaper? hmm..

Victorique's first appearance~

Victorique's first appearance~

The reincarnation of Johnny Bravo but this time in japanese anime! If you know what i'm talking about...=)

The reincarnation of Johnny Bravo but this time in japanese anime! If you know what i'm talking about...=)

She didn't even light the pipe...lol

She didn't even light the pipe...lol

I like how she rolls around..cute.. =)

I like how she rolls around..cute.. =)

Lol @ this guy..

Lol @ this guy..

That's some scary amount of luggage...

That's some scary amount of luggage...

Her curiosity is so child-like...xD

Her curiosity is so child-like...xD

No comments:

Post a Comment