Saturday, September 17, 2011

Mawaru Penguindrum Ep. 10

Mawaru Penguindrum Ep. 10


Mawaru Penguindrum Ep. 10

Posted: 16 Sep 2011 06:51 PM PDT

Okay. Start from where we left off at episode 8. If you have forgotten, which I highly doubt but in any case, I shall quickly refresh you what happened at the end of the epic eighth episode. Shōma was hit by a car and Ringo's Fate Diary was erm..half stolen. As we all might've guessed it, Shōma is very much alive and is doing very well. Too bad he always have bad luck on his side and he always falls flat on his food. The guy should learn his manners – do not fall asleep while eating. Not that he can help it anyways.

Oh, before I forget – is it me or does the hospital food actually looks appetizing?

Moving on, Kanba takes centre stage this week by playing the hero again. Well not really a hero but somewhere along that line. He did think of a strategy and he was doing everything he could to save Shōma. But at the end, his efforts are pointless cuz the Fate Diary has slipped even further away from his fingers. I'm still very curious about his relationship with Natsume. Just what exactly did he remember?

The quick scene between Kanba and Himari briefly reminded me of the incest undertone in Mawaru Penguindrum. I've completely forgotten about it due to all the things that had been happening since Ringo became friends with the Takakura siblings. It's interesting to see Kanba blushed. He's usually the one wearing this cool, stern face. Oh, he's such a tsundere. Haha. Is that term applicable for guys?

Mawaru Penguindrum yet again messes with our heads by introducing another hat-sama. This isn't surprising cuz I kinda thought this would happen when I believe there are others looking for the mysterious penguin drum. Speaking of which, I haven't got the slightest idea of what is it. And who's Natsume's accomplice? She couldn't be in the two places at the same time so there's another girl helping her. Judging from the silhouette, she really looks like Yuri. The hair, the dress. Every clue seems to be suggesting that she's our blonde, retired actress. Besides, it's time to know the face behind that fake, smiling mask of hers. I refuse to believe she's after Tabuki simply cuz she loves him.

At least this week's episode seems to be pointing us the direction of where the anime will be heading. Weeks ago, we wouldn't know if the hunt for the penguin drum is only the job of the Takakura brothers or otherwise. From what I'm seeing, I'm thinking it's going a chase for that unknown sacred item among all hat-samas. I like this direction. Are you seeing anything different?

Whenever I write a post on this, I make a lot of speculations and putting my own thoughts and perspectives into each episode. They may be correct, they may be wrong. You may like it, you may not. I actually would love to read your ideas and thoughts as well. Mawaru Penguindrum is an original material so it's fun not knowing what's the story really like and the ending. That way, we'll keep trying to figure out what the heck is it all about and as a result, keep tuning in to dig out more clues.

So, stay tune!

No comments:

Post a Comment