Saturday, November 12, 2011

Mawaru Penguindrum Ep. 16 – 18

Mawaru Penguindrum Ep. 16 – 18


Mawaru Penguindrum Ep. 16 – 18

Posted: 12 Nov 2011 12:29 AM PST

I’m back with more Mawaru Penguindrum ramblings, y’all. Ever since the Fall anime season started, my anime watch list has increased immensely that I struggle to find time to watch them all. With just a few days away, there were already a few episodes I had to catch up. But oh well, I’ll squeeze three episodes into one post. The last two episode, 17 and 18, are closely related anyway so the timing felt right. As for the 16th episode, it was a backstory of Masako which I felt was a little out of place. Perhaps it contains some useful information about why Masako seems to be on Takakura’s side but at the time, it just felt like a filler episode.

As for 17th and 18th episode of Mawaru Penguindrum, finally we get a glimpse into Tabuki’s past. Tabuki and Yuri’s parents are peculiar kind huh? One loves everything beautiful, one loves only talented people. As a result of their own selfish desires, we have two very lost children who find freedom and love from Momoka. Why did Momoka free them from their sorrows? Are those two special people? We don’t know. What we know now about those two is so different from what we saw at the beginning of the series. Even though I’ve always suspected nothing as it seems when it comes to Tabuki and Yuri, but still it left me some unsettling feeling after witnessing their dark sides.

Seeing Hat-sama constantly denying or refusing to tell if the pink diary is the penguin drum, I’m stating to think Himari might be the penguin drum. Tabuki and Yuri seem to be holding unusually strong grudge against her. Then again, what do we really know about Himari or the Takakura brothers for that matter? I’m pretty sure I’m okay with the rest of the casts already.

One thing that I’m curious about is what exactly does Ringo remember from her night with Yuri at the hot spring. She seems to have no recollection of what actually happened. The other thing I wish to see but was not shown is another Yuri vs Masako fight. It would’ve been great to see those two in action again. They’re incredibly sarcastic with each other that their lines were hilarious to me. Nevertheless, it is not meant to be. What we saw at the end was each still has one half of the diary.

Now with 18 episodes in, I’m still absolutely clueless how this show will end or what is next in store.

Guilty Crown 05 – Fail Confession

Posted: 11 Nov 2011 10:15 PM PST

It’s strange how Ayase couldn’t recognize what the device is for….or is it just me? I was soo sure that he’s a goner for dropping the locating device and it was in Ayase’s possession too. Shu shouldn’t let his jelousy get to him. Just screw the locating device! He should just accept the fact that Gai is and always will be a better man than he is, be it combat capabilities or in the bed. He’ll never satisfy Inori! And the sad fact is, he makes Sawada Tsunayoshi look manly! True story, no?

Ayase truly shines this episode don’t you think so? Even when she’s not in her Endlave, she’s pretty proficient with her combat skills, despite being in a wheelchair. She kinda reminds me of Kallen, except the fact that she’s in a wheelchair and has a longer hair too. There were some moments when she’s such a tease with the above pictures being examples and I like how she’s like totally fine with Inori being in the same room with Gai, which was hinted to be doing something. 

Joke aside, we all know that it’s something more important than that right? Remember there this girl that looks like Inori in Shu’s flashback back at first episode? I assume Gai is referring to her when he said Inori is “becoming more like her everyday”. Could she be Inori’s sister? Or just a clone of her? And he appears to be extracting his own blood. Could Inori be transferring her blood to him? Does Gai have some sort of sickness? Now my friends, this is getting interesting.

But most importantly, I wonder how will Gai survive the explosion of such large radius. Well, who knows he may have foresaw the explosion and fled beforehand. This makes me think that rebelling against the government will be a very difficult task, given that the Leucocyte may be their trump card. Unless Shu mans up, his void could probably fend of the Leucocyte. Thus ends my ramblings for this week’s Guilty Crown episode. Ryo-kun, signing out!

One Precinct’s First Year Anniversary

Posted: 11 Nov 2011 07:42 PM PST

No worries, this is not all story telling time and shits, think of it as a thanksgiving post from us to all you. So yeah, today marks the day we’ve survived for a year in this anime blogosphere. It was a year ago when all of us decided to hang out as usual and ended up at a local restaurant to have a drink or two, tea time, as some may prefer. If memory serves me right, it was some talk about how awesome would it be to establish a site or forum. But I’d never thought we’d end up establishing an anime blog, let alone lasting a year. As all of you may know, maintaining a blog is certainly not an easy task. The first three months were definitely tough as there were only 4 of us in the beginning. Fortunately we managed to make it through and here I am now, writing our first anniversary post.

That aside, our blog wouldn’t be this lively without fellow bloggers like OverlordG, Hoshiko and feal87 who visit frequently. Let’s not forget the yakuza lover kuuki-chan and yuri lover Yi-san too. Oh and Blacksun88 as well! But most importantly, kudos to all of our authors and editors, past and present for all the hard work on maintaining this blog. We’d never reach this milestone without all of you.

 

 

Cloud – From first day deployment of this site. I’ve been putting high hope that it will survive the first 3 months. Well, it did and now we ONE-Precinct | Another World have been established for more than 1 year that I feel relief. In nature, most fail blog will be dead in their first 3 months period. But not ONE-Precinct | Another World. I’m just glad that we have good several regulars posters here and me and the other founders want to take this opportunity to thanks all those authors, commenter and visitors of this website. There will be a lot of more fun thing in the future. It’s just about time we announce them.

 

 

 

Wiguan – Lately its been a very busy time for everyone. We hardly make a post everyday. But when there’s some interesting topic about Japan and anime, I will directly post it here. This serve as my second home. My another world as the title tag of this website. The first anniversary is surely another miles stone for ONE-Precinct | Another World. Here I’ve found new nakama. (p/s: I’ve been subscribing silently to all blogs of ONE-Precinct’s commenters – I hope some other people also making new friend from this platform – Internet is suggoi ne!)

 

 

 

Hoshiko – First things first. Yay to One Precinct for its firsts year anniversary. It’s not an easy feat mind you. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time writing for this blog and I know I will too in the future. It houses incredible bunch of authors and I had fun communicating with them. It is also a great pleasure interacting with One Precinct readers, which I notice is a little bit different from my own personal blog’s readers. Fun!

I hope in the coming year One Precinct will have more authors contributing to its growth and add to its variety. After all, it is a place where we who enjoy Japanese culture gather together and discuss about our hobbies, be it anime, manga, dollfies and whatnot.

Once again, congratulations to One Precinct!

 

P/S : I didn’t manage to quote all our authors.

On top of that, these are things to be expected in the following year(s). Since.. you know, a new milestone means new goals! Firstly, to post everyday like we used to. Remember how we used to have 2 or 3 posts per day? Yeah, we’re trying to make it happen again. There won’t be new random authors anymore given that we’ve closed our registration in which i’m very happy about, yay!(?) And I’ve been thinking of narrowing down our target audience since google analytic shows that we’ve lost quite an amount of returning visitors. You know who you are! now come back this instant! Last but not least, a new, neater theme than the current one.

All in all, I certainly enjoyed reading all the comments and had definitely enjoyed discussing animes with all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment