Thursday, December 23, 2010

My Little Sister Can’t Be This Cute Review

My Little Sister Can’t Be This Cute Review


My Little Sister Can’t Be This Cute Review

Posted: 22 Dec 2010 10:34 PM PST

woots! more life counseling!

woots! more life counseling!

To be honest, I had highest expectations on this show along with the other fall anime shows. But something is just missing..hmm..

At first glance, I have already taken a liking to it’s amazing art. Which was the reason why I had high hopes for this show. From what i recall, the setting for the plot was never seen before and I praise it for it’s originality. Though i’m not a big fan of romance shows, but i immediately fell in love with it. On top of that, I liked the opening song very much, not to mention the soundtrack as well. :happy:

Story

The story itself is not what I expected it to be. I initially thought that along this series, Kirino will somehow fall in love with Kyousuke as he protects her secret from being revealed to both their parents and her friends. But her otaku side was quickly revealed to her friends and family earlier on this series which really surprised me.

Despite being treated badly by Kirino, Kyousuke takes the blame by covering up for her. Which then caused Ayase calling Kyousuke a pervert and also punched by his own dad. And to be honest, I think Kyousuke’s actions was very admirable along the series, because if I have a sister like Kirino, i wouldn’t even bother to do so much for her.

As for the ending itself, i didn’t like the “good end” that the producers choose to take. This is because Kyousuke ended up with no one! Though I kinda predicted that this will happen because as it reached episode 9 and 10, Kyousuke’s relationship with Kirino didn’t improve much and she still treats him badly.

Not to mention that there was a little hint of romance between Kuroneko and Kyousuke but it was not enough to start a relationship. But for me, I certainly hope for a Kyousuke x Kirino ending, though Kyousuke x Kuroneko is still acceeptable ; except for Kyousuke x Manami though – I hate her. :getlost:  Also, the whole “i’m going to America” thing should have taken seriously as i was hoping Kyousuke would show up at the airport to stop Kirino from going :happy: .

Nevertheless, I enjoyed the show very much as it was very funny, especially the interactions between Kuroneko and Kirino which gave me some laughs along the episodes. :tongue:

Character

Personally, I think that the characters were the reason why I love this show. Though I see a lot of people hates Kirino, i myself, liked her very much despite of her bitchy attitude. I wasn’t quite sure myself as to why i am able to accept that kind of attitude though, maybe because she resembles my sister (only a little bit) :tongue: . And I know all of you haters hate Kirino because of her overly tsudere attitude. But seriously, for me, it was easily forgiven because of her character design as I like it very much! Though I know none of you out there are the same like me :happy:  .

Strangely though, I see lots of people has taken a liking to Manami. As for me, i’m not that fond with short hair girls. On top of that, she’s just your typical childhood friend for god’s sake! There’s absolutely nothing special about her, really. Oh! there’s another character i like which is Kuroneko. She’s just so cute with her small size and cute outfit. And I liked her interactions with Kirino, especially when they were quarrelling :tongue: .

Also, it was amazing how Kyousuke had so many patience in playing eroge games and meruru fighting game for Kirino even though he didn’t like it one bit. Heck, he even go as far as to lineup for midnight eroge game release!

Anyways, here’s some of my favorite moments…

*ouch*

*ouch*

The shocking truth, revealed...

The shocking truth, revealed...

my best friend was watching these indecent things?

my best friend was watching these indecent things?

wooots! =)

wooots! =)

"Shall we take a bath together?"  @@"

"Shall we take a bath together?" @@"

oh my..@@"

oh my..@@"

Kirino's moe beam!

Kirino's moe beam!

powerful moment

powerful moment

" i love you onii-chan " LOL

" i love you onii-chan " LOL

what a good surprise for Kyou...

what a good surprise for Kyou...

HNNGG!!

HNNGG!!

Manly tears were shed...

Manly tears were shed...

random pose by Kuroneko..now that was cute...xD

random pose by Kuroneko..now that was cute...xD

Score : 8/10

On top of that, there’s going to be 4 episodes of special announced to be released and it is known to be a “true end” for this show. So yeah, hopefully it will be better than the current ending we have here. All in all, i truly enjoy this show and it was a fun ride until the end. With it’s lovable and funny character, i’d really recommend it to those who had doubt on this show and give it a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment