Friday, February 4, 2011

Oniichan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne!! Unbiased Review

Oniichan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne!! Unbiased Review


Oniichan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne!! Unbiased Review

Posted: 03 Feb 2011 10:53 PM PST

Actually I’ve already drop this anime series from my watching list.

I write my very short review about it from the link below.

My Winter 2011 Anime Selection Part 1

So why bother to write an unbiased review anymore?

Well this post is actually a participation post to win a shikishi personally signed by Eri Kitamura. :biggrin:

Eri Kitamura

Eri Kitamura

as

Nao Takanashi

Nao Takanashi

also as (to refresh some memory)

Yui (Angel Beats!)

Yui (Angel Beats!)

Well, I’m not attached to this anime series from the seiyu or from the producer, writer or anything.

Basically I don’t know anything about them and just enjoying the anime series from the perspective as end user and not otaku or what not.

That’s why I’m saying this is unbiased review. :whistle:

The Storyline

:no:

After watching only the first episode, I’ve found out that Nao, have a brother complex but she’s playing “hard to get” with her brother.

Several minutes later, well about 15 minutes we will know that they actually were not related by blood because Nao was an adoption child.

At first, she was devastated about the facts but then she feel extremely happy with the new condition where she realize that her love for her onii chan is not will not against the moral of society.

Well, I’m not into incest genre so I think this is good turning point.

But for the viewers who are really like this genre I think this turning point on first episode is completely a turning off point.

Well, it’s just my opinion then.

I don’t have real friends who’s into this onii chan genre to get her/his opinion on me.

But what are their target audience in the first place if they don’t continue the rest of the series with this genre?

It’s completely wrong decision.

It’s like watching a R-rated content with censored view!   :pinch:

Not satisfying at all!

The Layout

:yes:

I enjoy the detailed and high quality layout of this anime series.

But that alone won’t win me to watch the rest of the series.

Nothing much to say, you can see them yourself if you want. :happy:

Character Design

:no:

Can’t deny that the character design is good, but not too good.

Sorry but I have strong addiction to see more kawaii and moe moe character design such as in K-ON!, Clanad, Kanon, wait… I’m just listed out all anime from Kyoto Animation! :blink:

Well, they’ve proof them self don’t they?

Among the highest rated anime series are from them.

If you see the manga version of K-ON! for example the character design slightly different in the anime series where they “heal” and “reconstruct” the face to give more appealing and kawaii design.

Go grab yourself a K-ON! manga and watch their anime series.

You’ll find out the character design is reconstruct to capture your heart no matter you’re a guy or a girl, believe me.

As for this onii chan anime series, Nao is already a big mistake.

I won’t fall for a character designed like that.

Main character is the most important thing.

They can make the Nao to have longer hair and not that short tomboyish hair.

More kawaii round face, they really have to study what the audience want!

Well, perhaps more than 50% and less than 60% is good enough but we should aimed for atlest 98% of global viewers don’t we?

Just an advise though…

Uh, well I prefer sis-con anime series then.

But really one of I can recall is Aki-sora, it’s R-rated but well, let’s say it’s censored the storyline is still “okay“.

Uh, wait I think it’s NC-17! not an R-rated!

So don’t let your mom caught you watch Aki-sora! :lol2:

The female character design are good and of course full filling the fans desire.

Yeah, I think I’ve found the words.

FANS DESIRE!

Well, a lot of fan service inside but with character design like Nao… raising your hands for those who turns on?

Uh? None? :blink:

That’s the point in character design, giving value and seed the attached feeling on the fans and audience.

But surprisingly other character are well designed and which I think should replace NAO! LOL again!

The Seiyu

:yes:

I don’t know them but they’ve done a good job.

It’s not their fault that I’m not watching it. LOL :biggrin:

The Starting and Ending Theme Song

:no:

Hmm, let’s see what there’s in my playlist.

I have a a lot of ani song synced to my Ipod more than ordinary pop songs.

Well, onii chan songs not in my playlist.

What that tell you?

It’s not good. :wink:

Credit: MyAnimelist.net for the character images.

You can also participate in the review to get the shikishi by visiting the post below.

Eri Kitamura

No comments:

Post a Comment