Saturday, August 6, 2011

Kung Fu Cooking Girls

Kung Fu Cooking Girls


Kung Fu Cooking Girls

Posted: 05 Aug 2011 08:59 AM PDT

I was scrolling through one site one hot evening and found this. Didn’t know what it was since it’s only about ten minutes long, I figured why not give this a try. It’s also on YouTube. You may click the link and watch it before reading the rest of the post. =)

Now, it’s not a Japanese anime as I initially thought it was. It’s Chinese animation. The characters speak in Mandarin but the overall feel and look of the animation resembles the Japanese anime we all grew accustomed to. Can’t say I like the character design but it is interesting. Can’t say anything about its story/plot cuz I saw two babes exchanging blows for most part of the show. Nevertheless, I found myself enjoying every minute of it.

As I was watching this short animation clip, these are the thoughts came to mind (in sequence):

  1. What? It’s a Chinese anime?
  2. If I mute this, will it feel like I’m watching an Japanese anime?
  3. Oh, look at that! Lovely food. There are steam buns. Damn, I’m craving for those steamy hot meat buns now!
  4. Huh? A tanned girl selling hot-dogs? She’s hot.
  5. Fan-service!
  6. Wong Fei Hung!! (Cuz the fight scenes reminded me of my days watching Chinese martial art series.)
  7. Fight scenes are fluid and beautiful. A little like Jackie Chan’s movements.
  8. Kim Possible. (I don’t know why I thought of this. The character design looks similar?)
  9. ….
Don’t really know why I thought that eight minutes was well spent. I’ll let the screenshots do rest of the talking.
 
 
 
 
 
She’s cooking here, mind you. The rest of the shots below are from the fight scenes. 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment