Monday, August 29, 2011

Mawaru Penguindrum Ep. 7

Mawaru Penguindrum Ep. 7


Mawaru Penguindrum Ep. 7

Posted: 28 Aug 2011 04:29 AM PDT

LOL! Shōma and Ringo look more like the newly weds there, not Ringo and Tabuki. Why was he staying beside Ringo under Tabuki's place anyways? Oh wait, I know it's all for the sake of Himari. Yeah right.

I thought I heard Ringo's heart crashed into pieces when Yuri said she was the one convinced Tabuki to invite her to the stage performance. And then, I think I heard her heart crushed into a few more million pieces when Yuri announced her engagement with Tabuki. Despite all her efforts, Ringo couldn't get an inch closer to Tabuki. Sigh. But that's okay. That way we as audience have funnier scenes to enjoy. For example, Ringo's wild imagination of Yuri exchanging sexual favors for a role.  And of course, how can we ever forget the lengths she went to cuz of her desperation for the frog's eggs. It was creepily hilarious (is there such a word?). Poor Shōma and damn No.2! No.2 is such a glutton. If Ringo was previously just a stalker, she has now upgraded herself to be an occult practitioner and a herpetologist too. Sarcasm intended.

As entertaining as Ringo is (and No.2), Mawaru Penguindrum never fails to get creepier as the series progress. In a fun way, that is. In this episode, we see the show inserted a few more puzzles here and there. From the last episode, only Ringo and Natsume know of Project M. Natsume is constantly in touch with a faceless person so I'm thinking both girls could be working for the same person and they are each responsible for Kanba and Shōma respectively. But where does Yuri fit in? As always, these are pure speculations. When it comes to Mawaru Penguindrum, I just love guessing the events that may happen.

Speaking of Project M, when it was revealed that the "M" stands for Maternity, my jaw just dropped wide open. I was totally taken off guard. I never thought of that. Did you guys ever thought the “M” stands for Maternity? I know it isn’t Marriage, but hell I do not know is Maternity. But why? What does it have anything to do with fate and let's not forget, the Penguin Drum! Again, ladies and gentlemen, the show dropped another unexpected surprise on us. On me, at least. So what will Ringo do now? The last time we saw her she’s making her move. Ya think she’s going to make it?

Oh well, it's nice to see that little musical is back. Also, I find Mawaru Penguindrum's analogies or rather Ringo's imaginations really interesting. Last week was moray eel and this week is killer whale. Now, I don't know if these analogies have any real meaning behind it but that was certainly the first time I saw the creatures being used in such context. What sort of sea creature will we see next week?

I think the random points above pretty much up sum up my thoughts for this week’s episode. What say you?

No comments:

Post a Comment