Sunday, August 21, 2011

Midori no Hibi: Oh look, I have a little girl as my right hand!

Midori no Hibi: Oh look, I have a little girl as my right hand!


Midori no Hibi: Oh look, I have a little girl as my right hand!

Posted: 21 Aug 2011 12:03 AM PDT

Let's see. I have this series with me since I got it through a leeching event about a year ago but never got around to watch it. That is until about a month ago. I've been wanting to write this anime recommendation for a while now but never seems to able to word my thoughts appropriately. You have no idea how many drafts I've deleted. Since I'm having a quiet night right now so I might as well try again.

Right. Start again. Midori no Hibi. It tells a story about a guy, Seiji, with a tiny little girl, Midori, as his right hand. In other words, he looks like he’s carrying a puppet. It turns out Midori has a crush on Seiji for a long time now. She has been secretly watching him but wasn't able to muster up the courage to confess while Seiji is desperate for a girlfriend and refuse to have his life as a high school student ends without experiencing romance once. The problem for Seiji is he's a famous delinquent known for his powerful right handed swings. Any girls would be terrified of that. Besides, he has that mean guy looks, the kind similar to Toradora!'s RyĆ«ji.

Perhaps its Midori's desperate longing to be with Seiji, she has unconsciously become his right hand? This part wasn't explained, or not that I'm aware of, so it's a bit frustrating. How can you have a cause without a proper explained reason. That's fine since I'm watching the show for the humor. Being Seiji's right hand, Midori has no problem confessing her feelings and she's having a 180 degree change in character. At least, when it comes to Seiji.

Then after, it's all about the fun times Seiji and Midori have together. This part I'll leave it to you to watch it for yourself. Rest be assured, it's quite an interesting journey with bits of thoughtfulness and laughter along the way. You won't be bored. While it's nothing extraordinary, it's also not that blunt. We have the usual love rivals, secrets-almost-exposed situations and many more.

Of course, all things must come to an end. If you haven't watch this yet, what ending do you think befall on Seiji and Midori's complex situation? If you have already watch this, then what do you think of the ending? I, for one, like the ending.  :smile:

If you’re in for some fun, light series, do consider picking this up if you haven’t already seen it. I realize that Midori no Hibi is a rather old series but it’s better late than never.  :wink:

Kamisama no Memochou 07 – Talk no Jutsu Failed

Posted: 20 Aug 2011 08:01 PM PDT

Kamisama no Memochou Episode 7 Review

The episode started where we were left off last week, where Narumi was attempting to perform a talk no jutsu talk it over with Renji but failed miserably. What was Narumi thinking, seriously? Does he think that a talk would solve everything without even knowing what exactly happened? Alice was right, he’s not fit to be a hokage detective coz he lacks the intelligence and skills to do so. Wow, that’s just like Naruto! Fortunately though, Narumi did manage to dig out the trio’s past from Renji’s point of view which shows as if Yondaime’s the one at fault here.

However, through some research done by Alice, we then know that the incident regarding Hison’s death is more than it meets the eye. Which made me think that Renji actually didn’t know much about truth and I suspect that he doesn’t even know that Hison bears the Gotouda leader’s child. Just my two cents but Yondaime probably used her as the shield because he was angry that she’s pregnant. That, or Yondaime probably didn’t love Hison at all since she was the target all along. And we also know that Gotouda gave money to Yondaime which sounded as if they’re partners in crime. That would mean they were hiding things from Renji all along! Okay now, all this speculation may sound a bit far-fetched but it’s just that these clues seem to be hinting that way.

For convenience’s sake, Yondaime should just spit everything out if he really wants Alice and friends to help coz there’s really no point in hiding and being aggressive since everyone is sure to find out sooner or later. I think he’s just making things harder for them. And the end where he got hurt was uncalled for coz I was seriously under the impression that their truce will end with a just talk, seeing that Narumi’s on his way to meet Renji and all. I’m just glad that something I wanted really happen – violence and blood. Though i’d still be pissed if he lost against Renji coz that happened off-screen. But hey, maybe because Renji used his Eye Powah! XD

So if you ask me, i’d say i’m neutral. This arc isn’t that bad nor it is good either. I though they’re gonna end this arc by this episode but unfortunately it’s going to end at the next. I’m not sure and I don’t really care much if this arc ends terribly but the main plot would definitely suck if it’s rushed, that’s for sure.

 

Classical Animation Style: REDLINE

Posted: 20 Aug 2011 03:46 AM PDT

This anime is something that most of new generation anime-lovers would likely to not watch. Why? Because of the graphical element is not as clean and is not moe.

I’m not sure about everyone’s preference, but I think this anime is good to watch.

It’s a movie and run for 1 hour 41 minutes.

Synopsis

Sweet JP” the male main character in this anime were moved by the spirit of a little girl he knew back then. That little girl are aiming high to an ultimate race called Redline.

Now that she meet the girl again, she was already proven herself worth to join the Redline race. She’s Sonoshee.

But the venue of the race guarded under a heavy military squad of the planet Roboworld and Sonoshee‘s “car”  wrecked ultimately, then now Sweet JP are offering her to win the race.

Graphic Design and Characterisations

I won’t condemn the graphic, this was published in 2009 but they develop this long ago.

The graphic is good enough especially the machine.

But the lines are still too manganist if you understand what I mean. Thick line represent depth of fields, and sketchy effects.

But the characterisations of the female character are not bad at all. It more to mature looking rather than moe type of characterisation which flooded nowadays.

Screen Shots Galore

 

REDLINE Screen Shots (1)

REDLINE Screen Shots

I don’t know how to read this speed meter. It have dual display and confusing.  :roll:

REDLINE Screen Shots (2)

REDLINE Screen Shots

Like this, the effects are still ”pure“.

REDLINE Screen Shots (3)

REDLINE Screen Shots

But the machine details are well… detailed.

REDLINE Screen Shots (4)

REDLINE Screen Shots

 

REDLINE Screen Shots (5)

REDLINE Screen Shots

Not bad for the female character design.

REDLINE Screen Shots (6)

REDLINE Screen Shots

But sometimes I’m wondering why? Like this? (The above screen shot)

REDLINE Screen Shots (7)

REDLINE Screen Shots

… Like I said, the female character design is good enough.

REDLINE Screen Shots (8)

REDLINE Screen Shots

It’s uncensored, but only this scene while other scenes they don’t have any explicit content at all.

REDLINE Screen Shots (9)

REDLINE Screen Shots

The dirty policeman’s girl friend.

REDLINE Screen Shots (10)

REDLINE Screen Shots

My Thought

The story is good and motivative.

This is a good watch with some other friends who do not so into watching moe anime and for those who like more of one-go type since it only have one episode.

The storyline some how quite similar to most of Hollywood movie, well at least from my observation.

My rating is only about 6/10. Not that good, not that bad.

It doesn’t leave any emotional trail to me. So it is.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment